Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Make a puff sleeve pattern

I'm steeling this from my personal blog cause it gets so many hits from yahoo answers.
I found this explanation:



This is a regular straight sleeve pattern that I already had.


Following fig. 2 above I cut it into 1 inch strips (numbering them so I didn't mess up the order)
Space them out, draw the new lines and you have the outlike for your new pattern.


This is now a puff sleeve pattern, and I didn't have to buy it!


This is not a very good picture, but it's the only one I have. This is the finished sleeve on the dress.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks! I wanted to make a pattern for more square dance blouses without taking the existing one apart. I just needed to see what general shape would give the desired result. It will be similar to Fig 2.

    ReplyDelete